The role of UI Developer is within our core Software Development team that consists of three areas:
- API development
- UI development (this role)
- Quality assurance.
Tasks will be varied and will contribute to both new feature development, as well as bug fixing and smaller enhancements to existing functionality, by developing the web-based user interface for our consumer and merchant facing web applications.
• Working with your assigned scrum team to build new features and fix bugs on the platform
• Building highly reusable components
• Implementing UIs from a design
• Writing unit tests
• Writing technical documentation
• Work on break/fix work items that have been escalated from our Customer Support and
Technical Support teams for Level 3 support.
• Experience working within the React ecosystem (our stack is React, Redux, Styled Components and TypeScript. We don’t expect you to know all of these, but a desire to work with them is a must along with some commercial experience using React)
• At least two years of commercial experience in front end development
• An understanding of a11y best practices and a drive to build applications that are inclusive for a wide variety of users
• Experience writing unit tests (we use Jest + Testing Library)
Qualities and Attitude
● Goal focused with commitment to meet targets.
● Outstanding oral and written communication skills, capable of addressing both technical and non technical audiences.
● Willingness to work collaboratively within the team and extended team (e.g. UI developers, QA engineers) and alongside other stakeholders.
● A thirst for knowledge and desire to implement development best practices
Nice to have
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
● Experience using e2e testing tools like cypress
● Experience working in an agile team (we work in scrum)
● Experience using tools like storybook to build and document shared component libraries
● Experience working with angularJs
Send us your detailed CV via email: [email protected]